I choose not to buy into all the doom and gloom that is going the rounds but I do accept that right now, the prevailing economic conditions are tough. That’s why it’s more important than ever to evaluate our sales pitches to see if they are still good enough.
Ask yourself these questions and then make some small changes based on the results:
- When was the last time you reviewed the performance of your sales pitch (written or verbal)?
- Are your closing ratios really good enough?
- Calculate your average order value per sale and then work out how much extra revenue a 10% improvement in closing ratio would make in a month, in a quarter, over the whole year?
- How many of your existing customers have you re-sold in the last three months? Is your follow up pitch still effective?
- How many sales enquiries did you fail to follow up on within 7 days?
- If a friend owned your business and you were advising them on how to improve their sales, what advice would you give them?
If you want any help with this process then please give me a call or drop me an email, It’s amazing how effective a fresh pair of eyes and ears can be!