From 09:15 until 16:30
Assertiveness is a learnable skill that allows us to communicate our thoughts, ideas and feelings honestly with those around us.
Aims of the course
Delegates are shown how to manage their business relationships effectively. At times, it may be necessary to stand firm on an issue.
The course ensures that the situation is managed so that neither personal conflict nor tension is allowed to get out of control.
What you will learn to:
- Stand firm in a diplomatic and constructive way
- Understand their own behaviour and its effect on others in the workplace
- Recognise when it is appropriate to make a stand
- Differentiate between aggressive, passive and assertive behaviour, both verbal and non-verbal
- Discover their own present level of aggressive, passive, or assertive behaviour
- Become aware of a variety of assertiveness skills for effective communication in the workplace
Who is this course for?
This course is applicable to all levels of staff but is particularly suited to
- Junior Staff
- First line managers and supervisors
- Anyone who needs to stand their ground more with clients, suppliers and colleagues
For more information about this Assertiveness Skills Training, and to book a place please contact the Henshall Centre on 0845 226 0210